Sleep Stack (Zn, Mg, Melatonin) -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Sleep Stack (Zn, Mg, Melatonin)
A 04-06-21 02:26 PM - Post#909473    

• Dan John Said:
I'm waking up an hour before the alarm...and going to bed quite early, too. The Hibernate stuff is like a fine Scotch.

That just made my day.

• Mr. Kent Said:
I'm wondering if these personal reactions can be categorized enough to distill them down to a few individual types. Looking at nature as an example there are a few distinct blood types and eye colors. Perhaps these reactions to certain compounds (caffeine in this example) can be categorized in the same way and then used to help folks determine their own personal strategies.

See the 4 "chronotypes" (circadian rhythm patterns) in Dr. Michael Breus's book " The Power of When." It apparently relates to the length of your PER3 gene and can be expressed in 4 types, or "Sleep Animals":

Bear Chronotype - The most common at 50-55% of the population, bears tend to follow the typical night/day schedule and sleep well, though it might take them longer to get going in the morning. They're usually social, gregarious people.

Lion Chronotype - About 15% of the population, lions are early birds and hunters. They're the Type A COO's, managers and drill sergeants who wake up, exercise, and coordinate the day's projects before the rest of the world has had it's coffee.

Dolphin Chronotype - Actual dolphins (the marine species) sleep with one side of the brain functioning at all times, keeping them alert for predators. Dr. Breus used this animal to represent the 10% of humans who struggle with insomnia and other sleep disorders - they typically wake from sleep unrested, struggle with napping, and are often tired throughout the day with a spurt of energy in the evening.

Wolf Chronotype - Wolf Chronotypes make up 15% of the population and they're the night-owls who are most active and alert in the early evening hours and are somewhat out of sync with the rest of the world.

Edited by Jordan D on 04-06-21 02:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy