Delorme questions -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Delorme questions
A 10-30-19 05:12 PM - Post#889691    

Google "APRE." That is the acronym for autoregulatory progressive resistance exercise. APRE adds a fourth set after the 100% (third) set. The weight for the fourth set is keyed off of the reps you got on the third set, based on an adjustment chart that lists various reps and tells you whether to go up, down, or keep the weight the same. The weight for the third set of the next workout is keyed off of the reps you got on the fourth set of the previous workout. Mel Siff wrote about it in Supertraining, as I recall. I think his version included progressions with 6 reps and 3 reps, as well as 10 reps (with different adjustment charts). Bryan Mann, who is strength coach at some college or university, has written a lot about. I think it's good stuff, but so is classical Delorme. (Bill Hinbern sells a nice reprint of Delorme's book.) A lot of people have done just fine with two build-up sets and one all-out final set. It's actually a way that both a lot of HIT and a lot of so-called volume trainers have trained, when you start to unpack the programs. If you want a bit more volume and can take two all-out sets on each exercise, APRE may be perfect. But I wouldn't use it on more than 5 or 6 exercises per workout. But that's just me.
Why are you squatting in the curl rack?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy