All about Cholesterol: LDL, HDL, testing, lowering and more -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: All about Cholesterol: LDL, HDL, testing, lowering and more
A 08-29-05 11:22 AM - Post#137022    

Laree,

It is amazing to me sometimes how physicians and health care personnel either are ignorant of important areas such as nutrition and supplements and/or do not give patients reasonable information. Are they taking for granted that everyone knows that blood tests can be affected by what they have ingested for days before or do they just not understand that themselves? Kind of scary, you know?

You are taking quite a large dose of niacin. Please make sure you get a liver profile because large dosages of niacin can involve changes in liver enzymes.

This morning I added a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to my oatmeal. I read in Sunday's paper that there is anecdotal evidence that 1/4 teaspoon per day can significantly lower cholesterol levels. I had known about cinnamon's effect on insulin resistance and its value for marginal diabetics but I didn't know that it could improve cholesterol levels. I love cinnamon but I am not sure if I will get sick of it everyday.

I am anxious to find out how all our future blood tests will turn out. We are a big experiment here on IOL that could be of value to all of us.
Judge John

"You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"I live, I lift, I ache, I am." - Dave Draper

"Moderation assures mediocrity -- nice, safe. Mediocrity is for the mediocre -- simple, okay. The intense rule; the mediocre follow." - Dave Draper

Every day innocent plants are killed by vegetarians. Help stop the slaughter. EAT MEAT!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy