All about Cholesterol: LDL, HDL, testing, lowering and more -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: All about Cholesterol: LDL, HDL, testing, lowering and more
A 08-26-05 11:52 AM - Post#137008    

That's a very good and important point. It does depend on which area of your blood profile you are testing. Triglycerides, as jej said, are more rapidly effected by the ingestion of carbs, even the day before. Cholesterol is produced by the liver and it takes a bit of time for the liver to adjust to changes in diet and supplements. For example, it is recommended that one waits at least 4-6 weeks after beginning red yeast rice supplementation to see a change in blood lipid profiles.

My last test had a poor ratio of HDL/LDL even though my totals were not bad for me (220). However, that was much higher than my last test. I had been on a high meat and egg diet and have now gone back to oatmeal with protein powder for breakfast and limited egg intake to two days per week. I have added more chicken, turkey and fish to my dinner menus and limit red meat to once per week. My next test is in a couple of months. I also added more fish oil and niacin. We'll see what changes there are.
Judge John

"You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"I live, I lift, I ache, I am." - Dave Draper

"Moderation assures mediocrity -- nice, safe. Mediocrity is for the mediocre -- simple, okay. The intense rule; the mediocre follow." - Dave Draper

Every day innocent plants are killed by vegetarians. Help stop the slaughter. EAT MEAT!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy