12 months + “Easy Strength” Guinea Pig -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: 12 months + “Easy Strength” Guinea Pig
A 11-12-22 04:15 AM - Post#923208    

• Mark Fenner Said:
  • iPood Said:

Original Strength “mountain of” interspersed with resets.

Great post, iPood. I love it. Thanks! Could you flesh out what you mean by "mountain of" .... is that just "a lot" or something else?

Best,
Mark

“Mountain of” is a term coined by the Original Strength staff. It’s a fancy way to refer to the good, old pyramid up and down rep scheme.

It goes like this:

We are going to "Climb a Mountain" with three movements: Bodyweight Squats, Pushups, and Rocking.

To climb a mountain, we are going to perform one rep of each exercise, then two reps, then three... "Climb" all the way up to 10 reps of each movement. This may take you up to ten minutes. If you want to stop here and go about your day, have a great day! You've done a good job.

If you want to continue on, after you reach 10 of each rep, "climb" down. Perform nine reps of each exercise, then eight reps, then seven... Work your way all the way down to 1 rep of each.

Say you are doing a mountain of bulgarian goat bag swings (my favorite DJ movement… by far) and goblet squats.

It would look like this:

One BGBS, one goblet squat, put the bell down, take a long breath, get on the floor and do one rocking push up (or whatever OS
reset you prefer).

Brief rest.

Two BGBSs, two GSs, put the bell down, take two long breaths, get on the floor and do two rocking push ups…

Hope you find it interesting.
"I think we often spend too much time focusing on max fitness
and not nearly enough on maintaining our minimums.
It seems we need to think sustainable rather than obtainable.
Meaning whatever we do today, we can do it again tomorrow.
Never taking so much from ourselves that we can't."

Dan Martin

Edited by iPood on 11-12-22 04:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy