Diablo -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Diablo
A 09-28-22 03:00 AM - Post#922204    

Scale at 205 this morning. Boy, when I get under 200 imma cry.

Continuing to push. I really wasn't feeling it today. The drive wasn't there. I've been enjoying the development on my body, the weight loss, except for the last few days I've been on a real upturn. I've been enjoying that all so much, a missed day feels like a real loss. So I push. The weight felt heavier today, heavier but then I found the groove about midway through the squat sesh

Continuing the squatting madness

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press/Dumbbell Bench Row

5 Rounds

DBBP 55 x 15
DBBR 55 x 10 R/L
(20mins)

Squat/Neutral Grip Pullup/Overhead Press

Squat 135 x 10
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 215 x 1
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 140 x 8
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 210 x 2
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 145 x 7
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 205 x 3
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 155 x 6
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 195 x 4
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 165 x 5
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 185 x 5
NGPU BW x 2
OHP 135 x 1
(50mins)

Wide Grip Pulldowns Behind Neck/Easy Bar Curls/Bulgarian Split Squat

5 Rounds

WGPDBN 10 x 10
EZC 50 x 5
BSS BW x 5 R/L
(13mins)

Overall Workout Rating, Grinder

DBBP misload on the first set was funny af. Something felt off but I didn't know what. Last rep was nearly a question mark. When I went to Row and pull on my left I found that I had a 65 not a 55. Funny thing is that I still pressed it for 15 and it was just on one hand. This was funny.
DBBR at 55 these are kind of light but it's good exercise, just go slow and milk them. I dug it.
Squat finally hit the wall. I loaded 225, I was greedy for 4 plates. I took a step back and that off feeling of the day whispered in my ear, nope. I said ok ok, let me lighten this up. Starting at 215 for a single is still pretty good. Looking forward to building up to and being able to rep with 215 before very long.
NGPU these are getting a lot easier. May start adding reps on these.
OHP these felt really heavy. I should have been able to get doubles here. It's ok. Still ended up with good presses about half the way through. My shoulders and chest were a little toasted from the bench presses but I got into the groove eventually.
WGPDBN these are perfect. These feel good going through the motion and feeling those back muscles gran and pull in. It just feels like one of those things where you keep doing them and next thing you know you have a wavy back.
BSS still working on a good balance. These feel like they help flush out the quads from the squats so I don't care about loading them very much more than just feeling them grip and push.
Diablo

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth- MT

Edited by Diablo on 09-28-22 03:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy