Diablo -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Diablo
A 09-15-22 10:31 PM - Post#921950    

Settling into Tuesdays and Thursdays and I think this is going to be how it goes. I like it a lot. They have a spin class at 4 that I might go to after I workout.

Started the day with sups, Bang and a banana.

Apparently, I've been dogging it, man. A lot of stuff went down today. Like, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I wouldn't have guessed 205 would register an RPE 6. I wouldn't have guessed squatting heavy helped my press. What today showed, for me, is that loading the girdle with a heavier weight than you press, makes the press easy. All I know is when I got under the bar, after the squats, for the OHP the weight did not feel too heavy to strict press. So a bunch of strict presses at 135 happened today almost effortlessly.

Today's order was squat ladders for JD. The rest is all grit from the devil

Squat/Neutral Grip Pullup/Overhead Press

Squat 135 x 8
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 205 x 1 RPE 6
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 140 x 7
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 195 x 2
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 145 x 6
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 185 x 3
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 150 x 5
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 175 x 4
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 155 x 4
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
Squat 165 x 5
NGPU BW x 1
OHP 135 x 1
(40mins)

Dumbbell Bench Press/Dumbbell Bench Row

5 Rounds

DBBP 65 x 10 (5th set 6, pause 3, pause 1)
DBBR 65 x 5 R/L
(20mins)

Wide Grip Pulldowns/Easy Bar Curls/Bulgarian Split Squat

5 Rounds

WGPD 100 x 10, 8, 85# 10, 8, 10
EZC 50 x 5
BSS BW x 5 R/L
(15mins)

Overall Workout Rating, Badass Leg Day

Squats have been building up so long I didn't know what I had in me. From the feel of 205, with short pause at the bottom, I might even have 250. This felt to good, sat at the bottom, I felt everything grab, glute, all the connecting muscles around the hip joint, all the vastus, pectinius and adductors. I just felt strong. So strong I just kept going. I stopped not because I was spent, but because I thought I should, all things considered.
NGPU these were easy and I could have gotten more reps that I did. I wasn't sure how long I'd be squatting so I played safe at one. These were very slow from the bottom deliberate pulls.
OHP Boy oh boy. All I know is after that first press following 205 taking 135 off the rack was easy and unintimidating for the press. All of these went up solid, poked my head through the hole, and held overhead for at least a few seconds.
DBBP was ok. I pooped out on that last set. After the pressing overhead I guess it made sense.
DBBR were solid all the way through. The chins didn't hurt these, they all got strong lawnmower pulls with very slow eccentrics.
WGPD 100 sapped me to where the form started to break. Dropped the weight and then rotated the reps between 10 and 8.
EZC Going slow in the eccentric really burns out the biceps. 50 starts out light but but those last reps everything is on fire.
BSS I added these to keep the train rolling and to see if I can flush out any potential soreness from the heavier squats today. We'll see how the weekend goes.

Imma go make some chicken breast veggies and rice.

Steamrolling into the weekend like a madman

*Side note
I was so unsure on the squat at 205 that I got a spotter in case I got stuck at the bottom. I looked kinda silly after a single but that's how unsure I was going into it. It came up very nearly like it was 135.

Diablo

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth- MT

Edited by Diablo on 09-15-22 10:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy