Gut Health And Weight -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Gut Health And Weight
A 01-20-22 10:55 AM - Post#916264    

100%. I've had surgeries that messed me up less than the course of antibiotics.

I've rationalized it through bro science this way: antibiotics aren't discriminatory. They just kill off all bacteria, good and bad. Hence the typically immediate diarrhea after you start - the stomach, sinuses, they're starting over fresh. Whatever bacteria you put in your stomach after, that's what takes hold, the new population. I believe new bacteria cultures can double in population every 4 minutes, and in lab environments, can grow to like 2lbs of mass in a day. Stomach acid and whatnot slows that to days and weeks, I think. Either way, if you let bad bacteria take hold, you're either going to have to work very hard with fermented foods to change that population in the months ahead, or nuke it again with antibiotics and start over - surely a terrible idea.

So, I've found it highly beneficial, after antibiotics, to immediately lean hard into the raw vegetables, sauerkraut, and a month of probiotics. Never let the bad gut biome take hold. No grain. No junk. No dessert. Tons of cabbage and clean meat. EVERYTHING seems to recover better - immune system, attitude, sex drive, digestion.

Again, bro science. But it's worked very well for me. And it makes you really feel for those poor folks who doctors keep on antibiotics for months at a time. It's like medically induced slow death.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy