Weekly Training Goals vs Daily Workouts -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Weekly Training Goals vs Daily Workouts
A 01-06-22 08:57 AM - Post#915895    

• Dan John Said:
Jordan, I can't imagine pushing through three to five (or more) top end sets ONCE a week without some help.

Honestly, I would be in the middle of a house project in about an hour!

Community. That's always the key

Ha ha ya that about sums it up. I'm sure you can relate, but back when I was olympic lifting with a team it was three 2.5-3 hour workouts 3 times a week. Sometimes in the third hour when I finally got to the squats I would just lie down on the floor between sets. It was the team atmosphere that kept me going a lot of days.

Now with a house and kids it's "well that all sounds good, but can I do it in 20 minutes or less..."

Diablo, I like the challenge thing. There's a lot of 'within reason' I think. We're already a man down from elbow issues. My pinky and ring finger is already getting tingly from the pushup volume. Swings you can always just grab a lighter bell, but some of these other moves the shock in volume can be a lot. Maybe 250 was a bit ambitious, it just seemed like a nice number. I would be scared of high volume daily squats even if they are light. But the idea of having a singular monthly focus is good. It's the execution that needs some work.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy