Covid vs Programming -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Covid vs Programming
A 08-10-20 11:45 AM - Post#901245    

• Volumiza Said:
  • vegpedlr Said:

I think the questions of training volume and intensity and immune system health are important for individuals to consider.

This has been my biggest lesson over the last 4 months. At the start of this all I was constantly fending off little colds and feeling a bit run down so I intentionally scaled back my training weights and inhabited the 60 - 70% effort range for pretty much all lifts.

I've felt so much better for it, my body reacted very well to it and (touch wood) I have barely had a sniffle for months.

There's a lot to be said for training a bit lighter and not pushing every session. I've read it loads from people with way more experience than me but I guess you have to learn this one on your own terms.

It will be my norm from now on. My body loves it and I feel in the best condition I've been in for half a decade.

I was really looking forward to competing again, it has always been a big part of my life but I guess I'm ok without it too. My goals are to feel good and look good, the spillover from this into the rest of your life is immense.

Nice!

And yes, this generally has to be learned from personal experience. At least in my experience. :-)
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy