Maffetone...and a clue -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Maffetone...and a clue
A 03-18-20 03:35 PM - Post#895779    

• Browser Said:
Not to hijack, but is it universal around here that zero carb/keto improves blood work? I've never done orthodox keto, but I was pretty low carb for a couple of years and my blood work has improved since I reintroduced carbs (300g a day or so) even while gaining weight. This wasn't just one test, it's a three year trend.

Not universal for me. I too do better (both bloodwork-backed and anecdotally) with carbs. That said, my carbs are mostly oats, rice and the occasional pasta or potato, not twinkies and store-bought sheet cakes. I am not a doctor, and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I think like most things, whether one does better with or without carbs is highly individual.

If most people on the internet (not anyone here, just most) spent half the time experimenting to see what works for them that they spend reading articles and research to back up whatever, most would be much better off!

My highly unscientific immune boosters:

1) sleep
2) go outside, especially if it is sunny
3) eat fruit and veggies
4) take cold showers
5) exercise

Edited by BrianBinVA on 03-18-20 03:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy