The Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: The Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss
A 12-23-10 01:28 PM - Post#667138    

I think the reason for that "all over the place" feel is that he wants you to use what he's done here as targeted, and he wants to appeal to the right part of his audience for that section.

Tracy's story is found in the specific chapter called, Building the Perfect Posterior (or losing 100+ pounds). He even references Michelle Obama's arms a few times in the chapter. If there was ever a chapter targeted more to a busy, overweight female audience I don't know of it. Two big female fears; bad looking ass and too fat, one chapter.

Viator is in from Geek to Freak: How to Gain 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days. Again, male fear/desires are being targeted in this specific, all-you-need-to-know chapter. Even the title draws on the most classic Charles Atlas kind of appeal.

I think the difference between what you would consider an "answer" and what Ferris would consider an "answer" are two different animals. You want something that transcends and will be a good read in 50 years for serious athletes and competitors, Ferris badly wants the #1 New York Times best-seller by exploiting or exploring the physical fears and desires of fitness book market shares. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a good guy to have a drink with.

Where Ferris would say you can do this or that in 28 days, you would say you can do this or that in 28 days as part of a journey that will last the rest of your life. The former is of more appeal to the jet-set crowd.

"Every social association that is not face-to-face is injurious to your health."

Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Edited by bryce on 12-23-10 01:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy