500 dips per day? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: 500 dips per day?
A 02-01-09 08:52 PM - Post#524055    

You guys are awesome :).
Thx for all the suggestion. sorry my comp broke, so I couldn't log on for last three days.
To clarify, my dips are actually pushups. as one post says.
and I have done it about 2640 a day (for three consecutive days!) when I was young. ( After three days, I couldn't move even my finger for a couple of days)
My push up style - My hands are closer to my body than in the style of a push up, that's why I call it a dip.

500 push ups are really not a lot of exercise.
I hate (I mean hate!) cardio so I use these push ups to keep my heart rate high. I do about 25 pushups per 2 minutes. I finish the 500 pushups in about an hour while doing my morning chores (make break fast for my daughter and me, preparing her for school, etc).
This exercise did actually used to cause a little pain in the beginning, but now for last four days, I have been doing bar hangs ( just hang on a horizontal bar, and do some pull ups if possible!), the pain is almost vanished.
In my childhood I knew many people who did 200-300 dips (push ups) a day, every day (actually as a ritual :).

As a matter of fact, this is my 27th day and I finished about 16000+ pushups.
For first three months I have decided not to add any weight training everyday except bar hangs. On the week ends, I do my dead lifts, squats and lot of pulling exercises. But during the week, just push ups and hangs.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy