Mike Mentzer - the early years -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Mike Mentzer - the early years
A 12-14-08 08:22 PM - Post#510273    

• Barney Said:

I'm a Christian, not an Objectivist. I know plenty of us Christians who have messed up and made the same error Ayn Rand did. One of the many beauties of Christianity is sincere repentence and God's forgiveness. That's all I have to say about that. Sorry to be off-topic.

Also Christians know when they f*cked up (or should) and ask for forgiveness instead of saying some bullsh*t like man is a heroic being with only his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life.

Ayn Rand didn't propose a moralistic philosophy but rather one of rugged individualism - hence her choice of sexual partners for sexual pleasure is her business, no one else's. Calling her promiscuous is the kind of judgement she rejects; after all, promiscuity is not found in the world, only in the minds of people who think in certain little ways. Them's the ones who've invented the fiction that life has a purpose or a meaning, especially the fantasy that there's a "moral purpose" to life. That's an idea Zoroastrianism invented, then was borrowed by Jewish, Christian, and Muslim mythologies. It's otherwise not found in nature, just in some human imaginations. Let us all be free of that one!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy