Litvinovs....Attempted -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Litvinovs....Attempted
A 04-21-21 04:02 PM - Post#909791    

I believe Dan once linked a video of Russian or German school kids doing a version of Litvinovs that were comprised of front squatting kettlebells followed by a 100-200m run. Since front squatting 405 is out of the question I decided to try double 24's and 100m. Counting the 100m walk back I did two complete sets. I was able to do the eight squats on the third but my legs did strange things upon starting the third 100, there was a schism between my hip flexors and glutes. It was a strange sensation. Not enough oxygen getting anywhere in the body. The next day wasn't bad but two days out was dicey

Our track coach in high school was convinced that there was no event in T&F that 400m repeats weren't the answer to. As a result there were plenty of tired legs on meet day and injuries. A man indeed has to know his limitations. I'm glad I did the session and while I try not to use age as an excuse it would have been interesting to try something like 135 lbs and 200m back in my mid-20's to see how much I could have tolerated before tapping out.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy