BrianBinVA's 2013 Training Log -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: BrianBinVA's 2013 Training Log
A 06-30-13 03:45 PM - Post#775267    

June 29, 2013.

About 25 full throws. Kicking myself for not practicing reverse throws more, since I threw reverse today and they went as far or farther than any of the hundreds of non-reverse throws I have taken.

June 30, 2013.

Meet. I knew it wouldn't be a good day when I showed up and one of the sprinklers they were using to water the field was also watering the ring. They tried to squeegee it off, but to not much effect. They went with four throws today instead of six to try and beat yet another impending downpour (which started about 15 minutes after we finished). They didn't measure each throw, just put a marker out and then moved it if your next throw was farther.

Throw 1 -- fouled a full turn throw into the support post at the front of the cage, almost falling down I was sliding so much.

Throw 2 -- weak sauce full turn; at least I had a mark. Slid and almost fell again.

Throw 3 -- South African; further than throw 2. Still slipping.

Throw 4 -- stand throw -- best of the day. Couldn't even get enough grip to stand.

I don't know the measurement, but doubt it was more than 70 feet. Pretty disappointed that I wasn't able to get off even one decent one, but hey, last throw best throw. Right? Hoping for a dry ring at next meet.

3 x 3 pullups

Edited by BrianBinVA on 06-30-13 03:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy