Fixing my squat with MMS's 6 week GB program...again -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Fixing my squat with MMS's 6 week GB program...again
A 08-17-12 10:12 AM - Post#743120    

• The Finn Said:
Others might have a different opinion but I think these new videos look a lot better. This technique probably feels better too?

Your descent is slower (=good) and it looks like you have more tension / better control over the weight. The whole "package" stays tight through the whole lift.

You really use your leg power on these. On the last (225) video your back starts to take over some in the end but it still looks good.

I personally can't make the goblet squat technique work on heavier back squats. I have to take a closer stance and go only slightly below parallel. Weak hips and posterior chain, perhaps.

• Ville Said:
I agree, definite improvement from the first video. Your back looks tight. You could try WL shoes as well to get a little heel lift, it might make it even easier. Personally I would continue to work on the squat depth, but it depends what your goals are.

Thanks guys, pretty much what I thought as I watched these after my workout. I agree on the assessment of the last video as well. I'm thinking the breakdown in form is because it is closer to my 1RM. Or it shows possible weaknesses.

That is about as low as I can go right now. Maybe the depth will improve as I continue to work door drills, maybe a few heavy goblet squats here and there, some flexibility (until recently I had done absolutely nothing for it). I've thought of getting shoes but not sure yet.

I worked at 185lbs today, 5 reps, then followed with 135lbs at about 12 reps.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy