The One and Only Pink Training Log -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: The One and Only Pink Training Log
A 05-11-08 10:29 AM - Post#441100    

• Subeer Said:

I'm not very sure about the detox supps or the bach remedies, as in what it has.

What are you taking silicon for?
Note: Oats has silicon in it.

If blood tests have shown you are deficient in iron, then two tips: Red meat has the highest amount of iron foodwise and is highly bioavailable (plant sources are not very bioavailable). Iron binds with Vit C, so you may take iron rich food and Vit C together, and they will help each other. Dates and figs are also iron rich.

Subeer,
when my iron Odyssey started a couple of years ago I switched from being vegetarian(=carb years) back to eating meat (thus I most likely fell into the 'acid trap' we spoke about earlier).

I am taking the Aloe Vera juice (second month now) because I was told it helps the overall absorbtion. It's important to buy a clean and properly certified product. I get mine from a German company. When the AV juice is not clean enough it can cause digestive problems instead.

http://www.lrworld.com/lrweb/

Kisel (=silicon): I take it right now as a cure for brittle nails (they have to do with iron def. also).

Bach flower remedies work on another level, it's not so much about diet but I wrote it down because I took it (=you drink them in water).

The detox formula is very complex. I can't translate all the herb-names. It is more a question of what is not in it, LOL. I linked to that product earlier.

I laugh when they warn you: don't use the product when the seal is broken, ROFL. Sounds like catch 22.

---------
Rex, when do I hit them weights?

Not right now. My frozen shoulder didn't thaw yet. The pain is now lessening a little. It takes a long time. The question is how to train around an injury.

Frank Zane has a sane take on it in his booklet The Zane Body.

Meanwhile I concentrate on the fat issue. I collected the additional fat by my own negligence of myself during winter 2006-7. Dave (=pwrhgr) wrote elsewhere on this forum:

"First off, as to bodyfat: In my opinion, the single most important factor influencing bodyfat, bar none, is diet. More than cardio work, lifting duration, intensity, frequency, anything what we feed ourselves seems to have the greatest, most immediate impact on body composition."

I happen to agree with him.

I was lifting weights and my weight didn't change a bit. Looks yes, but weight, no. I measure now by clothes' size. Once the size 38 (US 8) is loose on me (tight right now) I'll be happy. That is what I always wore.

Size 8 is an easy cruise, size 6 might be a hard work. But I do not want to limit my mind. What if I so far never ever were myself and 6 is the optimal goal?

I didn't yet figure out which routine would sustain me in the best way.
I follow with interest the rehab/prehab discussions here on IOL.

Moreover, before I use an additional weight load I should be able to handle the weight of my own body.I'm learning, trying to figure out an approach.

Thanks for being interested.

pixie

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy