Judge John's Training Log -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Judge John's Training Log
A 03-02-05 02:33 PM - Post#41978    

Yes, Lori, it really sucks. Today and yesterday were bad days. When it gets too much, I take some ibuprofen and it helps. The pad of the thumb is starting to swell. I know I will need the surgery but I want to hold off as long as possible. I fear that it will limit my training even more than now and I can't have that! I think your job must really be tough on this condition. Can you wear a brace while you work dough? Do you have to knead or is it done by machine? Movement is good for arthritis but not stressful movement. Also, ice will lower pain and inflammation. Heat can bring mild relief as well. But I am afraid that nothing will "cure" it. I don't think most people realize how important the thumb is for everyday tasks as well as our training.

Hang in there! Trust me - I feel your pain!
Judge John

"You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"I live, I lift, I ache, I am." - Dave Draper

"Moderation assures mediocrity -- nice, safe. Mediocrity is for the mediocre -- simple, okay. The intense rule; the mediocre follow." - Dave Draper

Every day innocent plants are killed by vegetarians. Help stop the slaughter. EAT MEAT!
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy