12 months + “Easy Strength” Guinea Pig -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: 12 months + “Easy Strength” Guinea Pig
A 11-02-22 05:19 PM - Post#922989    

I'd check the Outside the Gym thread for better advice than I can give. I merrily set off on a 'let's do 12 months of easy strength' mission last March, and having followed it (largely) to a T for six months or so, feel battered.

It's written in the manual, the volume adds up...especially when the movements are different, but the same.

The 'easy' bit is a little insidious (well to trainees like me anyway) - feeling a bit shitty/under the weather? I'll just knock 5kg off today...Struggling to find the time? I'll just break up the training between doing jobs and squeeze it in... Knees/elbows playing up? I'll just change out the movements and keep going etc etc. All with a dollop of 'this is working great' on the top, which it undoubtedly does, for a while.

In no way am I knocking Easy Strength in any of its guises, I mean I merrily set off to do a year of it I love it so much. It's a philosophy though not a programme. Long story short - plan for a good break now and then...
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy