The X for Obesity (and everything else) -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: The X for Obesity (and everything else)
A 09-13-22 09:15 PM - Post#921892    

Yes, my son tells me about that, too. There was one poor kid who every day was given six party pies. Another who gets what we in Australia call "fairy bread" - white bread with margarine and the coloured sprinkles you usually put on ice cream, it's a popular party food. Lots of pretzels and things, too. Funnily enough, the fairy bread kid was the one whose parents sent him to school with not only a mask but a plastic face shield to protect against the plague. Health? Um...

My children get leftovers from last night's dinner, most days. And since my wife works days and me afternoons and evenings (in the garage gym), I make something easy to reheat. Soups, pasta sauces, curries, etc. They're allowed to eat as much junk food as they like - if they bought it with their own pocket money, for which they do household jobs. This tends to limit it.

The 6yo goes to bed at 7pm, and the 11yo at 8pm. She's often still awake when he goes in and she chats to him, and he often reads by his nightlight, but they're resting, at least. They tend to get up at 6:30am.

Once they're dressed, lunch in bags and had breakfast, they're allowed to watch TV until we leave for school. They don't own mobile phones, of course. Aside from that if they want to watch TV or play computer games they have to ask. In good weather my answer is usually, "Each half-hour playing outside gives you half an hour on the TV."

They probably still have too much screen time, but they don't seem too mental overall.
Athletic Club East
Strength in numbers
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy