Keto Experiment -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Keto Experiment
A 08-08-22 09:35 AM - Post#921012    

• pink.pixie Said:
  • Jordan D Said:
  • Pepper Said:

And Jordan, don't let us hanging. Why did you get fat on purpose?

Ha. A misguided combination of GOMAD, powerlifting, and a curiosity about what life as a sumo wrestler might feel like. It didn’t work. I didn’t get strong. I just got fat and sick.

Ranks up there with my vegetarian experiment as the stupidest health-related experiences of my life.

Q: Hi Jordan, I am curious where did it leave you? Omnivore while keeping an eye on cals and nutrients? No junk and no alcohol? Possibly an occasional feast?

Yep! You hit the nail on the head. In my home, I only eat meat, vegetables, fruit, and nuts. When I’m having a social dinner outside the home, I eat whatever. Bread, alcohol, ice cream. I don’t actually consider any of this real food. More like a “hunger satiating drug.” But I do think the social/feast aspect is equally important to being a good human.

If I want to gain muscle, I add rice, potatoes, and/or raw milk. If I want to lose body fat, I set my calories 100-200 below maintenance. I don’t like thinking about calories/macros too much, but it’s too powerful a tool to ignore.

The strange thing about those earlier experiences is that they didn’t increase my empathy for fat people or extreme vegans. The exact opposite, in fact. Both experiences were utterly miserable and I can’t understand them anymore. Like speaking a foreign language. It’s frustrating, and something I need to reconcile.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy