Keto Experiment -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Keto Experiment
A 08-07-22 02:56 PM - Post#920990    

I agree with what DanMartin said (at least his statement mirrors my experience of one). I did low carb for 6 months (with cheat days about once every two weeks or on work trips). It worked up until a point. I started off at 187 and went down about 10 lbs (had some weight swings in there), but felt really run down by the end, had lots of little nagging injuries, and plateaued on my weight loss. Body fat went down from about 20% to 18.5% (as measured on a handheld scale, so I don’t know how accurate that is).

Good things: got better at making sure I eat colorful veggies as part of my diet (help with satiety) and imbued those habits into my routine. Additionally, it helped me cut out most of the junk on my diet. Plus it definitely kickstarted the weight loss. I got a decent idea of foods that make me feel good and foods that don’t react well.

Bad things: as mentioned, a lot of little nagging injuries, culminating in a grade 2 hamstring tear. I don’t think the low carb was a direct cause of the injury, but I do think the fatigue and low muscle glycogen levels contributed to it.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy