Diet experiment -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Diet experiment
A 07-12-22 07:26 PM - Post#920412    

• DanMartin Said:
Over the past year and a half I have lost 50 pounds =/-. The two main factors were/are: Move more*, eat less. YMMV

*It will require a separate thread, but I cannot stress enough how effective Heavy Hands walking is at burning calories. And, to digress, because of Heavy Hands, my resting pulse rate has dropped significantly. YMMV

That's mighty impressive Dan Martin!

Your "move more/eat less" mantra reminds me so much of a very famous Australian science commentator, author and media personality "Dr Karl" Kruszelnicki.

"Dr Karl" has the unique ability to make science fun with any age group or genre. With his quirky personality and youthful enthusiasm (despite being a Baby boomer), he has written numerous best-selling books in Oz because of this ability.

In one of his books, he wrote about "fat burning." He told the reader that "fat burning" is a terrible term because it is physically impossible for the human body to "burn" fat. There is no chemical reaction in the human body that allows this to happen.

What "Dr Karl" then stated was the body removes/discharges fat molecules.

And how does the body do that he asked the reader? By breathing and sweating.

His last paragraph links in with yours and " I will quote it word for word."

"MORAL OF THE STORY - MOVE MORE AND EAT LESS" wrote the great scientist.

Andrew Gunn

Edited by Gunny72 on 07-12-22 07:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy