Latest and greatest version of ES/EES/40 day -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Latest and greatest version of ES/EES/40 day
A 05-09-22 08:54 PM - Post#919419    

• AAnnunz Said:
  • AusDaz Said:

...30/30 with a decent load is very lactic intensive. I would lighten the load and extend the duration of the work to make it more aerobic. Then rest between sets until you can breathe comfortably through your nose. When the time that takes starts to blow out you’re done.....

Thanks, mate. I gave the idea a shot today, at the end of a high volume upper body workout. Besides following Steve's recommendation to leave out other lower body work, I followed yours to lighten the load. Was surprised by the results. Breezed through 16 rounds (extra round because deadlift triples took less than 5 seconds). Pulse never got higher than 100 bps (70% of max for my age), and the 140 lb load (87.5% of bodyweight) was never even close to challenging. Guess I should have used your suggestion to add time to the carry, too.

My goal for this type training is improved conditioning, strength-endurance, and body comp. Over the past few months, I've successfully used Dan John's variations of Rusty Moore's lightening rounds, Vince Gironda's 6x6 method (30 seconds between sets), and sled work to move me in the right direction. I thought the idea I'd come up with after reading through this thread would produce even better results.

Nice one. If you’re using a HR monitor then I’d suggest aiming for a saw tooth pattern to your HR where it spikes up by say 30-40bpm and then drops back down quickly. 60 sec HR recovery is a pretty good measure of conditioning. Once you see the rate of HR recovery start to blow out you’re done.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy