Latest and greatest version of ES/EES/40 day -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Latest and greatest version of ES/EES/40 day
A 04-19-22 12:36 PM - Post#919038    

• Gunny72 Said:

That's a great article, but I have some bones to pick with it.

• Quoting:
As Professor Bishop points out, walking may not be as efficient as running in terms of calories burnt per minute...

You could either run four or five kilometres in 30 minutes, or walk the same distance in an hour...

The goal is trying to find the magic spot of just enough exercise before too much is damaging...

While it's easy enough for us workout nerds to parse, statements like that annoy me. In sales, the ultimate rule is "never give them a reason to say no." And vague assertions that walking isn't as efficient as running, that you have to walk for hours, and that exercise can be damaging...yeah, it's all technically true, we all know what they mean, but it doesn't make for a great sales pitch. I know a lot of folks who'd read that and think it's overwhelming and order diet pills instead.

I don't want folks finding magic exercise spots. I just want them walking 10 minutes a day. The rest will work itself out in time.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy