Latest and greatest version of ES/EES/40 day -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Latest and greatest version of ES/EES/40 day
A 04-08-22 01:55 PM - Post#918769    

• Brian Hassler Said:
...It seems like squats and hinges are very complimentary, so it makes sense how you could work one and just pattern the other, but I'm not sure how that translates to push/pull. Do you just get to a minimal standard on your "not you" and then call it good and do a minimum to maintain it while you grow your engine as big as possible? Or does it even matter for push/pull-- if you just do reasonable load/reps they will improve themselves or not as per their nature and you don't need to worry about it?

I always had problems with dropping below parallel when squatting, so that lift lagged far behind my deadlifts. After a few years, I finally gave up and trained to maintain a double bodyweight squat while busting my ass every meet cycle, shooting for a triple bodyweight tug. In spite of successfully building that engine for over a decade, the squat never moved much.

Pretty much the same story with upper body push/pull. Between deadlifts, weighted pullups/chins, and heavy rows, I have built a pretty thick upper back, but it's never helped my "just okay" military and bench presses. That said, I loved to bench press and didn't give up until my shoulders did.
Be strong. Be in shape. Be a man among men, regardless of your age or circumstances.

Edited by AAnnunz on 04-08-22 02:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy