Weekly Training Goals vs Daily Workouts -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Weekly Training Goals vs Daily Workouts
A 12-21-21 04:26 AM - Post#915543    

• BrianBinVA Said:
I'm a huge believer in the "you are what you do" school of thought.

I'm also a huge believer in the superiority of "anytime, anywhere" strength (and other capabilities).

And I'm also also a huge believer in say 2 x 20 minutes or 3 x 15 minutes or 2 x 15 minutes and 1 x 5-10 minutes throughout the day, any of which is much easier for me than 1 x 45 minutes on most days.

And finally, I'm also also also a huge fan of doing what you can, when you can, where you are, with what you have. Most of us here are not drug-addled and state-pampered Eastern bloc lifters in the 1980s. We have jobs and kids and husbands and wives and lives, so get it done. Something is always better than nothing.

I once saw an interview with Rippetoe, and he said something like "it takes me 45 minutes to get warmed up for a work set of squats." Not to rip the guy (see what I did there?), but what is the point of that? I've said many times here before, but if you're not getting paid for this kind of thing, I'd much rather be able to (for example) front squat BW for a triple with no or minimal warmup than have to warm up for 45 minutes to get where I'm going.

So long story short, I'm a big fan of this idea.

Beyond ridiculous when you also factor in the recovery time for that one set til you can do it again...

I'd say if you can walk up to a bar and FS bodyweight for three without warm up you are stronger than 99% of the gym going population anyway let alone all those in gen pop.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy