Unexpected place for a pivot discussion -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Unexpected place for a pivot discussion
A 09-05-21 11:33 AM - Post#913117    

• Jordan D Said:
Not sure which thread to put this in, but I think a lot of these can be managed by treating them as skills and not as “training.”

Running, for example. Sorta sprint 50 meters 3 times, once or twice a week. Your body retains the ability to run. No further adaptation needed.

I actually tried this! Doing eight hill sprints twice a week meant that I could keep the mechanics. However, when I threw in a longer run once a week, there were synergies. The sprints magically got easier to recover from, as well as getting a little crisper.

The way I see it... If you can run 5k in half an hour or so after a short warmup while wearing running shoes and gym clothes, then you can easily dash for a train without a warmup while wearing leather shoes and a suit and carrying a rucksack. If you don't do the longer runs, though, dashing for a train doesn't seem to work even if you do sprints. Everything flaps!
Check out my critical-thinking blog at sharpenyouraxe.substack.com
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy