Unexpected place for a pivot discussion -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Unexpected place for a pivot discussion
A 09-03-21 06:52 PM - Post#913082    

• iPood Said:

As of late, I tend to find myself gravitating towards an extremely easy and daily training. Something that might be seen as replicating mild manual labor, if you know what I mean.

Something along the lines of, say, 100 “squinges” (one goblet squat followed by a goat bag swing), 100 pushes, 100 pulls, 10 minutes of crawling and 10 minutes of loaded carries. Plus loooooooong daily walks in the woods.

Low weights, possibly low tempo, low reps and a ton of extremely easy sets done throughout the day.

I don’t know why, but this appeals to me in a very BIG way.

Yes!! This is what I have stumbled on. I started a recent ‘do whatever I want’ program. It’s morphed into just doing sets of whatever I want whenever I want throughout the day and going for daily rep minimums/goals in whatever exercises I pick that day. How am I feeling today? Motivated? I walk into meeting rooms, close the blinds and practice freestanding handstand push-ups 5 times across my work day. Do some quick L-sits in a chair. Find racking in the facility and bang out a few pull ups when no ones looking. Not feeling as good? Just do some push-ups and air squats and rows? How many? Whatever.

It’s incredible.

In keeping with the insanely creepy algorithm of the internet, as I’m discovering this myself YouTube recommends me this YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/OsA0sGxX5VM

It’s a guy named the bioneer. He has lots of interesting training ideas.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy