Herniated Disk -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Herniated Disk
A 08-29-21 07:20 AM - Post#912900    

No MRI, so it was the most probable diagnosis. The steroids they gave me made a huge difference. The stinging/shooting pain was mostly gone the next day and I’ve been stiff and achy, especially when I wake up and if I sit for too long. I’ve tried to slowly add in some mild movements (the McGill Big 3, stretching, walking, etc.). I checked out the McGill book recommendations and think I’m going to get a copy of the Back Mechanic.

My two biggest takeaways from this are one, I need to warm up. When I was in my teens I could walk from my car to the gym/golf course/basketball court etc and get after it with no consequences.I also need to be more honest with myself about what I can - and most importantly need - to do. Do I really need to do heavy deadlifts at this point, knowing that the risk is I further aggravate my back? I’m at a stage where coming back the next day and the next day, etc. is the goal, so the movements should match that.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy