Unexpected place for a pivot discussion -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Unexpected place for a pivot discussion
A 08-27-21 12:42 PM - Post#912867    

• Justin Jordan Said:
  • AAnnunz Said:
  • Justin Jordan Said:
Most people aren't going to get big biceps from doing chins.

If you want to look like a bodybuilder, train like one....

I've experimented with this quite a bit and could beat the subject to death, but since this forum is more about minimalism and abbreviated training than building the biggest gunz in the neighborhood, I'll keep it short. On one hand, chances are someone who is not into bodybuilding probably will almost certainly put on size if he does max effort chins (especially weighted) every week for six to eight weeks, but they are not going to be as impressive as those built by a sequence of heavy barbell curls, incline DB curls, and concentration curls with at least one set of each taken to failure.

This has been my observation, too.

If you want to get SUOPERSWOLE7000 it's NOT chins or curls, it's chins AND curls.

Oh yea! Don't tell anyone, but admittedly, I've been known to do a bro split cycle to tune in the beach bod each year. Always include chins on back day, then three types of curls on arm day (supersetted with tris, of course).
Be strong. Be in shape. Be a man among men, regardless of your age or circumstances.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy