Unexpected place for a pivot discussion -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Unexpected place for a pivot discussion
A 08-26-21 12:30 PM - Post#912828    

• Matt_T Said:
  • RupertC Said:
My feeling is that a good 95% of the BS about fitness comes because people make assumptions instead of asking what someone else's goals are.

This guy gets the first part right. He is totally upfront about his own objective: "That’s my goal: to add muscle to look better, for myself if for no one else." So, in his world maybe isolation curls make more sense than chin-ups. Fine! Nothing wrong with that at all.

The problem comes when he makes assumptions about why "the vast majority" are lifting. Maybe a big chunk share his goals. However, I think the people on this forum mainly fall into the "weekend warrior" subcategory of "men taking their hobbies too seriously." For many of us, chin-ups will be better than isolation curls.

If we begin a conversation by asking "What is your goal?" we will get better results all around. Weekend warriors shouldn't have tried to get the author to drop curls; and he shouldn't try to get weekend warriors to stop doing chin-ups. Different goals demand different paths!

Pretty sure chin ups beat isolation curls for adding muscle and looking better anyway.

But curls are more impressive to watch in the mirror :)
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy