Loaded Carries All Day? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Loaded Carries All Day?
A 04-20-21 11:10 AM - Post#909743    

I just finished up doing "Simple Strength for Difficult Times" and "Classical Conditioning" back to back over the last two months and have been more or less just playing around for the last week or so. I've always liked the idea of "accidental" and "dad" strength. My grandfather was a carpenter and never went to a gym, but was amazingly strong from pounding nails and carrying bundles of shingles all day.

He'd probably laugh to no end about his cubical jokey grandson trying to simulate manual labor, but it got me thinking. A few months ago I picked up a Concept2. I try to either do a 30 minute row or a long walk everyday. I also have an Apple Watch that "pings" me every hour to get up and move for a minute. I was thinking of keeping my 24kg bell next to me at my desk while I work and using that time to do some varied loaded carries for a minute or two every hour. What does everyone think?

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy