Sleep Stack (Zn, Mg, Melatonin) -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Sleep Stack (Zn, Mg, Melatonin)
A 03-24-21 12:25 PM - Post#909067    

One of our community members (sorry, I forget who it is) sells a sleep supplement with exactly those ingredients. After 20 years of dealing with on-and-off insomnia of varying degrees of seriousness, I have had more success with this formula than any other I have tried. (Valerian root, ZMA, various doses of melatonin, herbal teas, and on and on.) The dosage to get the full formula is three capsules, but I find that two is enough to push me over the edge into sleep. (Male, 6 feet tall, 210 pounds.) I have tried just taking the ingredients separately (significantly less expensive), but the effect just isn't the same. As effective as this formula is, however, my experience has been that it becomes less effective after four or five nights, so I take a couple of nights off, then start over again. Not perfect, but WAY better than it was before.

Re: Micro dose of melatonin. The smallest dose I have found was 1.0 mg. I tried using a pill splitter, but the 1.0 mg pill was awfully small and I'd end up just crushing it more often than not. So, I tried just taking the whole 1.0 mg and woke up groggy and with a headache. I have found the 0.25 mg dose to be much more "user friendly."

This is just my n=1 experience. YMMV
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy