Sleep Stack (Zn, Mg, Melatonin) -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Sleep Stack (Zn, Mg, Melatonin)
A 03-24-21 10:24 AM - Post#909062    

Dan was the guy who originally turned me onto ZMA and got me interested in fixing my sleep. It works... for a time. I'm B sensitive, so even at 1/3 of the dose, the B6 in ZMA builds up and eventually I don't sleep at all.

I never slept well in my teens. 20's were great. But my toddler has slowly dismantled all the good habits I used to create my sleep schedule in my 20's. When he was a baby I was still a good sleeper and could fall asleep quick and semi-regularly sleep through him getting up. But after 2.5 years of him still getting up at least once a night my sleep is just trashed. If he wakes up at 3am, I'll often lie awake till 5. Even if he sleeps through the night I'll wake up at 5 and stare at the ceiling till 7.

I want to start with the sleep stack recommended courtesy Jordan D (the other Jordan D) from the vitamin D/Covid thread:
50mg Zinc
400mg Magnesium
4000 IU Vitamin D (taken AM)
.25mg Melatonin

I already take vitamin D.

Not all brands are made the same. Enantiomers (L or D form) and bonding methods can make a big difference in absorption. Since I don't want to take ZMA I will need to get Zn and Mg separate. What brands are good for Zn, Mg, Vit. D, and Melatonin? Is Jamieson good enough? Webber? Sisu? What forms are needed for the minerals (think suffix's like -ate)? Where can you get melatonin in the CORRECT small dose of .25? So far I've mostly just found 3 or 5mg tabs. Since I don't want to stand there like an idiot shaving down those tabs what is the smallest dose we can get? Whats the best method for it? Sublingual, oral, slow release? When should you take it?

Any other tips, tricks people are welcome. No screens before 9, hot tub every night before bed, cold showers. Whatever it is, lets hear it. Include stuff that gives natural, non-drugged, restorative sleep. Sleep is the #1 recovery tool so it would be great to gather everyone's thoughts in one place.

Edited by Jordan Derksen on 03-24-21 10:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy