Surviving/breaking a fall -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Surviving/breaking a fall
A 03-05-21 01:33 PM - Post#908518    

Being strong and flexible in general helps a lot. Weight training also teaches one tension, and if you do the right exercises you get the one piece effect Dan talks about.

This winter I've ate it twice on my bike, both times on my driveway. The sun melts the snow on warmer days and it freezes overnight. Both times I walked away without even an ache. Just a quick laugh, get back up and keep going. But I am young I (33), and I did a lot of parkour as a teen so I got comfortable rolling around and jumping from heights. That likely played a role (ha).

edit: Just thought of this, but I've also felt this armor building effect from heavy compound weight training in hockey. For years when my skating ability was weak I fell a lot, slid into the boards, goalposts, and would occasionally run into other people. It's never been anything I can't shake off quickly and keep going.

Edited by Jordan Derksen on 03-05-21 01:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy