Go for a walk, do some snatches -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Go for a walk, do some snatches
A 03-04-21 06:52 PM - Post#908499    

• Steve Rogers Said:

How long have you been in the games? What other training are you doing now or have you done in the past? What equipment do you have available? How much time and recovery do you have available for for training?

Steve, I am also a late arrival to the games, I started at 55. I threw shot, discus and hammer a few years before highland games. The wire hammer was the gateway drug to the highlands implements.

Right now I do some O-lift variants - power cleans, power snatches, military press, push press and front squats. I am not moving heavy weights to avoid injury. And because I am not that strong.

Right now I lift twice a week, one day moderate, one day light. Occasionally I'll go a bit more than moderate but not too much and not too often.

Next week I start throwing and will throw almost exclusively until November.

Somewhere I heard that fast twitch muscle converts to slow twitch if you use the fast twitch. I don't know if that is true. I would like to hear from others, like yourself, who've been there, done that.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy