Go for a walk, do some snatches -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Go for a walk, do some snatches
A 02-24-21 12:26 AM - Post#908083    

• Kyle Aaron Said:
  • Vicki Said:
I believe our genes trump anything we do. I did well in that department, not great, but better then most.

It's probably true, but I tend to ignore anything I don't have control over.

Thanks for the outline.

• Quoting:
All is not lost if one does not start early.

You did start early. You were active in one way or another for most of your life, and slowed down in your 40s. You had a good base, you'd just drifted off a bit, and have now come back with an absolute vengeance. That's great!

But think: by the time you were 49, you'd been active for about 80% of your life - even if the last 20% was the most recent period, that's still a different thing to someone who's been sedentary almost all that time. Those people have it tough.

• Brian N Said:
Went to a county facility to get my first of two covid vaccine doses. Our group was aged 50 and up. [...] All this time it’s been strange to me how medical people start to act so differently towards you when you get over 50 (my numbers are fine and my only prescription is for a cpap at 56).
I get it now.

Yes. That's been my observation, too.
  • SpiderLegs Said:
Almost all of them were there for knee or hip replacement rehab and it was obvious that their chassis was too large to be supported by their legs.

Yes, many studies have shown a large association between obesity and knee and hip replacements. To be fair, though - if every step causes you pain, you probably don't want to do 10,000 of them a day - and so the waistline grows, making the steps more painful still...

Thus the importance of getting straight onto things. Untreated health problems compound like an unpaid mortgage.

There is a quote that I have always loved and have never forgotten.

The quote is " Those who think they have little time for exercise will soon realise they have to find time for illness."

Thus, those people who become obese or neglect their diets will eventually find illness. The irony is they will not be able to walk 10 000 steps a day or exercise strenuously in recovery after their op or surgery due to heart issues or joint replacements.

Moral of the story - weight train, move every day, eat healthy, get regular check ups.

Edited by Gunny72 on 02-24-21 12:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy