Go for a walk, do some snatches -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Go for a walk, do some snatches
A 02-23-21 03:36 AM - Post#908048    

• Kyle Aaron Said:
I'd be interested in your background, Vicki. I'd be very surprised if you were entirely sedentary from 9 to 49yo.

I believe our genes trump anything we do. I did well in that department, not great, but better then most.

In high school (gym required) I did not run fast, throw far, or jump high. I was never last picked but near the last picked for the sports teams. I liked swimming but did not have a pool available to me often. In college I did not have a car and got around on a bicycle. In my 20s & 30s I tried gyms a few times but did not enjoy them or find them engaging, a drag. I fought weight gain being on the heavy side of normal. A few part time jobs I held were on my feet all day. My 40s were not good and I gained weight and gave up, accepting I would be fat for the rest of my life. At 48 I decided to at least be healthy and researched health, exercise, weight training, etc. I found DaveDraper.com. I learned about exercise and the joy of strength and movement.

I would probably be better off if I had been trained from a earlier age. Or maybe I would have worn myself out or broken myself had I worked at this exercise training from a young age. It matters not, I am who I am now and very grateful to DaveDraper.com. I am considered a very healthy senior.

My point is to never give up, always realize you have choices. Choosing the best path will gain the most rewards, though usually not the easiest path.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy