Airdyne Related Help -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Airdyne Related Help
A 02-10-21 09:39 PM - Post#907668    

I don't know how your Airdyne's calories counter is calibrated, but I never get up to more than ten calories a minute over the course of a 30-minute workout on our AD-6 unless I am doing HARD intervals. Calorie counters on exercise equipment are unreliable anyway. I think you should consider getting a heart rate monitor and using that to calibrate your workouts. My experience with my Apple Watch is that wrist monitors are not quite particularly accurate on fan bikes (or on ellipticals with moving arms) unless you wear them tightly. But you don't need to worry about slightly inaccurate readings. Just use the monitor to gauge your intensity generally. I'm 62 and try to stay at around 70% of my max HR on my steady-state rides. But I never have a problem with going too easy on the Airdyne. If anything, I tend to go too hard, and I need to moderate the intensity. Most of your rides SHOULD be moderate or even low intensity. Save the hard stuff for interval workouts. I LOVE our Airdyne for both high and moderate intensity work, and get much more out of it than I get from all other aerobic work, but running. In fact, when we moved to Michigan to take care of my wife's mother during the pandemic, we bought an Airdyne to use out here, knowing we'd be here for months (which we have). One other thought: have you tried music? My wife couldn't ride without music, and she has some mixes that she rocks out to. I don't tend to go for music when I work out. It prevents me from focusing on the pain.
Why are you squatting in the curl rack?

Edited by Adam S on 02-10-21 09:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy