A Dumb Idea -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: A Dumb Idea
A 12-17-20 04:30 PM - Post#905792    

In the face of impending first time fatherhood (due date Jan 2nd), I've decided to turn December into one last "Nic tries to do something stupid" before baby arrives. I am dubbing it Dadcember and the goal is to run the mileage of the date each day until the end of the month, or until baby arrives, or until my legs fall off (this option seems most likely).

The first nine days of the month I ran singles, and since then I have gone:

10th: 7 + 3
11th: 8 + 3
12th: 8 + 4
13th: 13
14th: 10 + 4
15th: 15
16th: 8 + 8
17th: 12 + 5

The biggest mileage week I've ever done prior to this was about 80 during the peak of quarantine in April, and I promptly had to take about 8 weeks off for what I thought was a stress fracture in my foot but ended up being arthritis/tendonitis (did I mention this is a dumb idea?). A normal week of training for me is more like 40 miles. Legs are holding up okay so far, definitely a bit of tenderness in the foot that was hurt before (though in a different spot).

Anyway, this forum is a place of such sane, reasonable training ideas that I thought I'd spice it up with some pure idiocy.

Merry Christmas!
vincit qui se vincit
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy