Calf and Achilles strength standards -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Calf and Achilles strength standards
A 11-22-20 01:59 PM - Post#904945    

Hey, the Trifecta! I’ve done those off and on for years. Recently quit doing the twists again, because it appears I’m finally at a point where squat-induced muscle mass just won’t allow it. And I’m okay with that.

The bridge is a big one for me, and I’ll start training it again after I hit all my strength standards. But I was really dismayed recently when attempting L-sits (ATG recommends them as well). I used to do these for hours, and now can’t hold one for 3 seconds.

• Jordan Derksen Said:
Things are definitely changing dramatically in the body as one piece integrity after 4 days of doing this. Rinks are locked down right now, but I’m excited to see the difference this will make on the ice when I get back there eventually.

Many thanks to this forum for helping me get away from arbitrarily stretching and foam rolling to no avail. I agree with old miler, The ATG squat and seated good morning are challenging small muscles in my hips I never knew were in there.

That’s fantastic. One-piece integrity. That just about sums it all up.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy