5BX -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: 5BX
A 10-12-20 07:15 AM - Post#903384    

This has probably been discussed before but I couldn't find a thread. I know lots of people are interested in minimalist programs.

For the last two or three years, I've started the day by doing 20 pushups, maybe a plank and a few stretches. This was inspired by James Bond's fitness routine in From Russia, With Love .

I decided it was time to change things up, while keeping to the same general theme: a morning routine, that took little time, space or equipment. Reading the article above I discovered 5BX, based on a Canadian Airforce fitness routine form the 50's.

I started last week and my son joined in this morning. As instructed I started with chart 1 and at this stage the exercises are very, very easy. I'm progressing one level per day, which is faster than recommended, but I have a good base level of fitness.

I'm interested to see how I get on and how long my son keeps me company. I'm still doing my usual workout, which is currently 2 days of basic strength training two days of conditioning and two days of something, a walk, golf, whatever.
Training Blog.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy