Stuff That Works -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Stuff That Works
A 09-11-20 10:42 AM - Post#902274    

Stuff that's worked for me:
1) When I was young (like early 20's) it was keeping a written record of my strength progress when visiting the Nautilus gym. Having a record of work done helped a lot in mapping out where to go next and what I needed to work on.
2) Machines are better for isolation moves like bicep curls and lateral raises.
3) Barbells are better for compound moves like over head presses and deadlifts.
4) Deadlifts -- I improved my overall strength the most with these.
2) Swings -- there's something to the "WTH" impact on other activities.
3) Vitamin D in the morning and magnesium at night. I sleep better and any blood tests from routine doctor visits show positive results in various markers.
4) Metamucil -- best "bang for your buck" supplement out there as far as I'm concerned.

Stuff that I had mixed results with:
1) Nautilus machines. At the time I was involved in rugby and judo and found that the Nautilus work seemed to have a better carry over to my judo performance but didn't really improve my rugby performance. (As a side note, my Olympic participation was tragically cut short because I was no good in either one of these activities).

Stuff that flat out didn't work for me:
1) Bench press and bicep curls exclusively. As a high schooler, this is how I, and probably 90% of the rest of the male population who were interested in looking like Arnold started. I was of the opinion I was going to impress the bros and ladies and wound up impressing neither one.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy