40 Day workout users... -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: 40 Day workout users...
A 07-28-20 06:18 PM - Post#900810    

I've run through a couple of cycles of ES, and am just finishing one up currently. Before I answer your question, have you seen this article of Dan's?:

https://danjohn.net/2011/06/even-easier-s trength-perform-better-no tes/

Personally, I'd recommend either to keep on keepin' on if you don't feel beat up in any way. My current cycle didn't include enough easy days and I'm experiencing more fatigue than I would have anticipated, so for me I'm moving on to something else. However, before I reached that point I had considered changing the exercises slightly (this is 'option two' laid out in the article above). I believe if I had done this I probably would have gotten a bit more mileage out of the program.

Your decision should depend on your goals. Myself, I was using the program as a means to 1) keep myself in the gym, and 2) maintain a minimum level of strength during the uncertain schedule of having an infant in the house (in addition to work demands as my occupation is 'essential' during the previous lock down). In this way it served me very well as I was able to maintain a semblance of health and fitness during limited time. If you really want to push a certain lift it might be wise to continue to milk the program if you're seeing improvement. If you're getting any systemic fatigue you may want to change up your exercises slightly, but maintain the spirit of the program. If you are bored to tears and cannot bear to face the same(ish) workouts for another 40 sessions it may be best to switch to something else entirely.

Just my $0.02
my training log: What Mr. Kent is Doing Now
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy