Simple Strength, Difficult Times -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Simple Strength, Difficult Times
A 07-23-20 02:44 PM - Post#900626    

My version of the "strength aerobics" thing has become my go-to for days (like today!) when I want to do some training, but have had a stressful week/crap sleep/etc. Super simple, and while I'm not sure what it does or is good for, it feels like you're doing something without killing yourself, and maybe that is good enough.

My version at home is 28k, and I do both sides at the top of each minute without putting the bell down (six total reps).

That's not a 10-rm kb for me (probably more like 6-7), and I don't rest between hands. Using a bell as light as suggested in the original article and resting between hands seems like it would require a much longer effort than I want to put in in order to feel like you have done anything. That said, if it is meant to take the place of an aerobic session, maybe 45-60 minutes is "supposed to be" how you do it, even if the original article offers shorter lengths of time as suggestions...

Edited by BrianBinVA on 07-23-20 02:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy