Simple Strength, Difficult Times -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Simple Strength, Difficult Times
A 07-18-20 01:04 PM - Post#900450    

Just “finished” this. I skipped the weeks 7&8 deload and testing since the results wouldn’t really be meaningful. I didn’t really pre-test, and the exercises were unfamiliar enough that I had to adjust the weights in week 2.

I liked it. I’m going to refresh it and do it for another six weeks to round out the summer. The race I hoped would be rescheduled for Sept is today. No way to get in, and probably not enough fitness to finish anyway. The virus that seemed to be waning six weeks ago keeps building here in the PNW. Plus we now have unmarked no ID goons snatching citizens off of PDX streets. Not really time to leave the bunker yet. So another bunker program.

The Refresh:

Bulgarian split squat more weight
TRX push up
Landmine row

Switching the TRX and landmine around to try out those exercises. I liked the landmine press. I liked the bit of rotation involved. I liked the circuit style session, and keeping the weight the same while adding volume was interesting.

I over did the conditioning a bit, so I won’t try to progress it. Instead of a ruck, just walk on the heavy squat day. I may also pull back a bit in the last 2 weeks of higher volume. Still ride a bit and do some swings on non lifting days, but I won’t try to add more.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy