Simple Strength, Difficult Times -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Simple Strength, Difficult Times
A 06-11-20 01:37 PM - Post#899054    

I know SF gets some heat around here, but recent threads on simplified and minimalist training make this appropriate. Italian SF coach Fabio Zonin was hit early with quarantine and created this flexible and versatile program. I was doing something else and forgot about it. I decided to give it a go while waiting to see if rescheduled races make it back onto the calendar.

https://www.strongfirst.com/simple-strength-plan- for-difficult-times/

You pick one exercise each for the squat, push, and pull patterns, select a load that you can get 8-10 good, clean reps, and build volume with ladders. BB, KB, BW, use whatever is available. Done as a circuit, the exercise need easy transitions.

So I decided on some unilateral work. Bulgarian split squat, landmine press, and TRX row. I’ve never used the landmine before, and the other moves only sporadically. I also haven’t done a program focused on the same weight but increasing volume via ladders, so this will be interesting. It runs for 8 wks, but I’m doing it for six. Wk 7 is a deload, and i8 is a test, so I’ll skip those. If there are no races, maybe I’ll reload the program with different moves and run it again.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy