Crossfitters need to choose, I think. -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Crossfitters need to choose, I think.
A 06-09-20 06:31 AM - Post#898933    

FIrst Glassman is a churl, and always has been.

During the Covid pandemic there were other gyms that didn't cover themselves in glory. The Boston Athletic Clubs were still charging members even though they couldn't use the gym.

A lot of franchisees get pounded with royalty fees to use the name.

I believe that Ms Royse found an opening/reason to get out of being a
CrossFit affiliate and is using it to her advantage.

Of course Glassman doubles down and is going to lose sponsors. This will pass and there will be new companies trying to get off the ground who will be begging to be chosen.

Which brings us to the second problem. Why does everyone feel forced to make a statement to answer the mob? What if you don't believe in the movement? It's pandering at its worst.

Answering to the mob because of social media is one of the worst things occurring in American society today. Look at Drew Brees for prime example number 1. The man gives $5M to help his community. Let me repeat that number $5M. He is treated by a pariah for having a different opinion. The cancel culture stinks.

Arguing politics on the internet, which let me state, I'm not doing here, is like screaming in an echo chamber. No one is going to change each other's minds.

I'd rather waste my energy on my kettlebell.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy